Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 3 teaspoons Water
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp green chile
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 pinch shall
- 4 slices bread
- Butter or margarine
- It contains a mixture known as "chaat masala," which is very traditional in Indian cuisine. It has a strong sweet-sour aroma. In India, it is mostly used as an additive in fast foods. Dried mango powder (amchoor), cumin, black salt, coriander, ginger, asafoetida, and dried red chilli are common ingredients.
- To make the filling, combine the grated cheese, chilli, green pepper, coriander, chaat masala, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Both sides of the bread slices are buttered.
- On one side, a layer of coriander chutney is applied.
- Then comes the grated cheese mixture:
- Because my cheese doesn't melt very well, I added a slice of light tranchete.
- They put their sandwiches in the sandwich maker.
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 43mgSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 12g