Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Dark Chocolate 200g
- Butter 200g
- Sugar 200g
- Flour 100g
- Eggs 4
- Baking yeast 6g
- Salt a pinch
- Sweetened whipping cream 200ml
- Dark chocolate flakes 50g
- White Sugar Paste 350g
- Green Sugar Paste 130g
- Yellow Sugar Paste 50g
- Pink Sugar Paste 50g
- To begin making the Cactus Cake, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Turn off the heat and add the butter, cut into small pieces, once it has melted. And we thoroughly mix it before allowing it to cool
- We separate the yolks and whites into two separate bowls. We whipped the egg whites until stiff.
- as well as the egg yolks with sugar
- Combine the chocolate and the egg yolks in a mixing bowl
- We combine the melted chocolate, egg yolks, and sugar.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites and sifted flour, one tablespoon at a time. Finally, a pinch of salt and yeast are added.
- We use parchment paper to line a 20x26 rectangular baking pan. Pour the mixture into it and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 ° C. When the cake is finished, we set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until stiff and divide it in half.
- We make the cactus with green sugar paste: We begin with a ball. We establish one side as superior, and in its center, we draw four crossed lines with the non-cutting part of a knife to form the cactus wedges. Each line is extended to the opposite end of the ball.
- After this operation, use your fingertips to gently flatten the lines to define the segments of the fat plant. We make a hole at the intersection of the lines with a stick (similar to a Japanese sushi stick). We make very small balls of white sugar paste, slightly wet them, and apply them along the wedges of the fat plant.
- We start with a ball of pink sugar paste to make the flowers. With our fingers, we gently shape it into a conical shape. We make seven cuts on the upper part with scissors.
- We open the newly cut sections, giving them the shape of a small, slightly pointed petal.
- We cut off the lower part of the flower and simply wet it before applying it to the cactus. We make a ball of yellow sugar paste the size of the flower's center. Finally, we apply it by lightly moistening it with water. We also make a yellow flower and a white flower using the same technique.
- Let's get back to the cake: we cut out three squares of cake with a 9x9cm square pastry bowl.
- The first square is placed directly on the serving dish. Distribute the cream on the cake square with the sac-à-poche. Cover with another square of cake, then more whipped cream, and finally another square of cake.
- Instead, we cover the sides of the mini cake with the remaining whipped cream. During this stage, if necessary, we can shape the cake by filling all of the gaps to make all of the sides uniform, regular, and smooth.
- We roll out the white sugar paste in a thin 5mm layer. We cut a strip the length of the cake's perimeter and 1 / 2cm taller than the cake.
- Finally, we cover the cake with a strip of white sugar paste cut to size. We smooth the walls with the smoother.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1792Total Fat 83gSaturated Fat 50gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 356mgSodium 457mgCarbohydrates 254gFiber 5gSugar 226gProtein 14g