Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- ½ cup of rice
- 1/3 cup of yellow lentils
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of powdered green cardamom
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of clarified butter
- 1 handful of cashews
- 1 handful of raisins
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- In a nonstick skillet, toast the rice and yellow lentils. Continue to add water until the rice is half cooked.
- Then stir in the coconut milk. When the rice is almost done, add the syrup made by combining brown sugar and water, as well as the powdered green cardamom. Remove from the heat after thoroughly mixing.
- In a nonstick pan, melt the clarified butter, then add the cashews and raisins and toast until well toasted. Heat until hot, then add to the rice. You can also add almonds if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 423Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 16mgSodium 151mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 2gSugar 32gProtein 6g