Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- Chestnut flour 240 g
- Bitter cocoa powder 20 g
- Sugar 160 g
- Eggs (about 5 medium) 250 g
- Powdered yeast for cakes 16 g
- Whole milk 310 g
- Vanilla bean
- Make sure all of the ingredients for the chestnut and chocolate cake are at room temperature before starting: In a planetary mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, and vanilla bean seeds, and whisk for about ten minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy (if you don't have a planetary mixer, use electric whips).
- Meanwhile, sift the chestnut flour, yeast, and cocoa into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the milk, which should be at room temperature, and use a whisk to dissolve everything, being careful not to form lumps. Add a small amount of the egg and sugar mixture to this mixture.
- It will be required to soften and dilute the mixture. Then add the remaining part11 and mix very gently so as not to disassemble the eggs, then incorporate with a spatula, working from the bottom up. Line a 22 cm diameter mold with baking paper and grease it. Fill the mold halfway with the mixture.
- and bake for 70 minutes on the bottom shelf of a preheated static oven at 170 °. To ensure that the cake is cooked, use the toothpick test at the end of the cooking time. Remove the cake from the oven and set it aside to cool before turning it out to serve14. If you prefer, a pinch of icing sugar can be sprinkled on your chestnut and chocolate cake15!
Amount Per Serving Calories 342Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 14mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 1gSugar 34gProtein 5g