Teresita inquired about the ingredients to be used in preparing bacon-wrapped chicken and if there were any tips for making this dish particularly tasty.
What must be considered is that the bacon used must be stretched and sliced to a slightly thicker thickness. This ingredient, in addition to flavoring the chicken, serves as an external barrier, allowing the meat to remain tender and succulent.
The real secret, however, is in the cooking, which must be done first in a pan and then finished in the oven. This allows the chicken wrapped in bacon to flavor well with all of the ingredients that we will use, and then we will finish cooking the chicken wrapped in bacon in the oven for the times that I will indicate below to ensure a perfect cooking.
- 1 whole chicken
- 150 gr of sliced bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Divide the chicken into thighs, upper thighs, wings, and two parts of the breast. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, then add the needles of the rosemary sprig and mix with your hands.
- rap the bacon slices around the chicken pieces until they are completely covered, starting with a couple for each piece. Arrange the chicken pieces on a plate in a neat fashion.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a skillet to brown the whole garlic cloves. Brown the chicken pieces wrapped in bacon on all sides for about 10 minutes. Then add the wine, allow it to evaporate, and turn off the heat.
- At this point, prepare a baking tray by lining it with a sheet of baking paper. Arrange the chicken pieces in the pan, making sure the bacon joint is on the bottom so it doesn't open.
- Remember that the chicken wrapped in bacon should only be browned for 10 minutes and that the flame should be high but not too high so that a protective layer forms, preventing the juices from escaping from the chicken. The softness of the internal meat is then determined by this.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C, then bake the pan with the bacon-wrapped chicken pieces for 45 minutes. Open the oven door 15 minutes before finishing cooking to let out the steam that has built up inside, so that as you continue cooking, the wrapped chicken pieces are crispy on the outside while remaining succulent on the inside. indoor. Remove the pan from the oven and serve the bacon-wrapped chicken at the table.
- If you want to make this recipe in the oven, skip the pieces in the pan and instead place them in the pan with a drop of wine. In this case, the cooking time at 180 ° C is approximately 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving Calories 613Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 169mgSodium 832mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 54g