There are many variations, as with any traditional recipe: nutella, cream variegated, cheesecake version, and the most well-known with white chocolate, the famous Blondies. What I’m giving you today is the original Brownies Recipe, by Alice Medrich, the best experimented recipe, which I had already published years ago in the pistachio version; this time I wanted to present them in all their goodness in the classic version; believe me, they taste exactly like the original American Brownies! This is a lightning-fast preparation! Simply melt the chocolate with the butter and separately whip the eggs with the sugar. Mix everything in the bowl and pour it into the pan in a few minutes! The key to making brownies with a melting heart is to not overcook them! So, if you follow all of the steps, you will get incredible chocolate brownies with a tender inside like a chocolate wrapped in a crunchy and melt-in-your-mouth crust! Can you imagine a spatial delicacy halfway between the Chocolate Cake and the Tenerina??? Depending on your preferences, you can add 150 g of dried fruit to the dough and / or to the surface: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, raisins, or chocolate chips or flakes! Success is a given! Brownies are perfect for any occasion, and you can never go wrong with them! From a children’s snack to an energetic breakfast, a birthday party, and a buffet where each diner receives his or her own chocolate square! They are also ideal for taking to work, school, or on a picnic!
- 225 gr of dark chocolate
- 225 gr of butter
- 135 gr of flour '00
- 15 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 225 grams of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- To begin, melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is liquid and smooth. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Separately combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
- Meanwhile, whip the eggs and sugar until they are very frothy and have tripled in volume.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs and stir with a spatula from bottom to top until you have a soft and compact cream.
- Brownies Recipe - Combine dark chocolate and eggs
- Then add the flours, sieving them in two stages and always mixing from bottom to top with a spatula. The brownie dough is very dense and must be supported by a heavy ribbon.
- Then pour into a baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
- This is a step I strongly recommend. Pouring the brownies into the greased pan will make it difficult to detach them and cut them into perfect squares.
- The dough should be leveled:
- It is important for a heart that remains soft even after cooking , it is to respect the times in the oven especially in relation to the pan you are using. In this case 20 X 20; if you use a 22 pan the times are shorter because the cake will be thinner! If you want the same size, just add half the dose. For a 24-26 cm pan it is worth doubling.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake in the medium-high part of the oven for 30 minutes without opening. After the indicated time the famous crust has formed, open and do the toothpick test.
- If the Brownies are still raw and the craquelè has not formed then extend it for 5 minutes and check again in this way; if, on the other hand, a crust has formed and the inside is still too liquid, it will take another 2 minutes. Of course, everything also depends on your oven.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for exactly 5 minutes. Then lift with all the baking paper and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- When they are cold, you can cut the brownies into 9 squares, even more if you want them smaller
- Brownies are ready ! soft heart and crunchy crust!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1138Total Fat 69gSaturated Fat 41gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 311mgSodium 541mgCarbohydrates 119gFiber 6gSugar 83gProtein 14g