Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 450gr of brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Over a very high heat, open the mussels in a pot covered with a finger of water. They are removed as they open so that they do not pass. They are then taken out of the shells and their beards are shaved. To store in the refrigerator and strain the broth that they produce
- Prepare the onion by slicing it into fine julienne strips. Carrots should be peeled and sliced. Horizontally cut the head in half. Place the vegetables in a pot with the oil and a pinch of salt, and cook for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, over medium heat at first and then low heat. We want it to poach, caramelize, and grab a bit.
- Increase the heat to high and add the vinegar, oil, and wine. When it begins to boil, reduce the heat and allow it to warm.
- Mix in the paprika, sugar, and spices. Cook for another 30 minutes on low heat.
- Cool slightly before adding salt, vinegar, and sugar (to taste).
- Add the mussels and refrigerate for 3 days before eating.
- They're perfect for any occasion!
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 196mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 6g