Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 kilo of cuttlefish from Huelva
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Two bay leaves
- A teaspoon of sweet pepper
- Half a glass of white wine
- First, we must clean the cuttlefish. Remember that if you buy your cuttlefish in El Rincón de Huelva, you can have them shipped to you clean. We then cut them into strips or medium-sized pieces. After cleaning the cuttlefish, we put enough olive oil in a pot to cover the bottom and heat it over medium heat. Chop the onion and garlic finely and toss it in the oil with the bay leaves once it has reached a low temperature to poach. When the onion and garlic sauce has finished cooking, add the cuttlefish.
- Stir in the paprika, half a glass of white wine, and salt to combine with the sauce. We stir it once more and set it aside for a minute. The water must then be added so that the cuttlefish can cook. The appropriate amount would be the one that allows us to cover the cuttlefish in the pot. From there, it's just a matter of covering the pot, keeping everything on medium heat, and waiting for the cuttlefish to finish. When the cuttlefish is tender and well cooked, we'll be ready to make our delectable cuttlefish in sauce recipe. We can eat it with a salad to take better care of ourselves, but the traditional way to eat it in Huelva is with homemade chips.
- It is true that choco meatballs are another popular recipe in Huelva, but we will leave our recommendation to prepare that recipe for another occasion. If you want your recipe to be a success, you can buy cuttlefish from our seafood e-commerce from the comfort of your own home.
Amount Per Serving Calories 266Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 3g