Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- Chocolate chips 100 g
- Farina 00 500 g
- Eggs (medium) 2
- Brown sugar 200 g
- Vanilla bean 1
- Bicarbonato 3 g
- Salt up to 1 pinch
- Butter (softened) 180 g
- To make the chocolate chip cookies, first chill the dark chocolate chips in the refrigerator so they are very cold when added to the dough (in this way they will not melt during cooking). In a planetary mixer fitted with a whisk, place the softened butter in small pieces, add the sugar1and a pinch of salt, and begin kneading to make a cream. Replace the whisk with the leaf and add the sifted flour after incorporating the whole eggs2.
- Using the leaf, mix the powders, then flavor with vanilla bean seeds 4, add the baking soda 5, mix the mixture, and finally add the very cold chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured pastry board and shape it into a flat dough, then wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to harden. After the dough has rested, divide it into loaves.
- From these, cut small pieces and give each one a spherical shape by rotating them in your hands 10 before flattening them and creating the typical teardrop shape 11. Place the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for about 30 minutes12 to ensure that their shape is maintained during cooking.
- Then bake the biscuits in a preheated static oven at 180 ° for 15 minutes (or in a convection oven at 160 ° for 10 minutes). When the chocolate chip cookies are done, remove them from the oven14 and place them on a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 50gProtein 1g