Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Vaccine ricotta 250 g
- Dark chocolate 80 g
- Eggs (3 medium) 150 g
- Sugar 180 g
- donkey 80 g
- Farina 00 250 g
- Powdered yeast for cakes 16 g
- Whole milk 40 g
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle to taste
- To make the ricotta and chocolate cake, make sure your ricotta is not too whey-rich; otherwise, drain it for a while before starting, then sift it and set it aside. It is also recommended that the ricotta, eggs, and milk be at room temperature before beginning so that they can be mixed together easily. Then separate the eggs (you'll need 90 g of egg whites and 60 g of yolks): separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate bowls. Using an electric mixer, stiffen the egg whites until they form a firm compound; if the environment in which you work the ingredients is hot, place them in the fridge; otherwise, leave them at room temperature. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and set aside to cool before adding it to the yolks.
- and continue to work with the electric mixer until they are properly fitted. When the mixture is light and fluffy, reduce the speed and add the cooled melted butter; continue to work with the whips.
- Once the butter has been absorbed, stir in the ricotta. Work the mixture on medium speed8 until you have a smooth dough and the ricotta is well combined.
- Grease and set aside a 22 cm x 5 cm rounded aluminum mold. Then, in a larger mixing bowl11, combine the dough and the egg whites.
- Make gentle movements from the bottom up to incorporate them into the rest. Sift the flour and yeast inside as soon as the mixture is uniform and swollen. Mix gently with a spatula, always moving in a circular motion from the bottom up.
- Then, while stirring with a whisk, add the room temperature milk 16 and ensure that it is completely absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to the mold and, using a spatula, spread it evenly across the pan, leveling the surface. Chop the dark chocolate coarsely.
- and sprinkle it on top of the cake Then, using the back of a spoon, lightly crush the chocolate pieces to allow them to penetrate the dough. Bake for 30 minutes on the bottom shelf of a preheated static oven set to 180°.
- Always use a toothpick to check for doneness, and remove the cake from the oven as soon as it is clean. Allow it to cool before removing it from the mold. Before serving, transfer the ricotta and chocolate cake to a serving dish and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Amount Per Serving Calories 561Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 35mgSodium 118mgCarbohydrates 101gFiber 2gSugar 92gProtein 9g