Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 29 minutes
- 4 eggs (large)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- powdered sugar, for rolling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar.
- Mix in the cocoa, melted chocolate, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl until a sticky dough forms.
- Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread out dough balls with a 1.5 tablespoon scoop and roll in additional granulated sugar.
- Roll the balls in powdered sugar to coat, then place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1039Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 187mgSodium 481mgCarbohydrates 130gFiber 8gSugar 68gProtein 19g