Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- Flour - 1 cup
- Chana dal - 1/2 cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Amchur powder - 1/4 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - 1 tsp
- Green chili - 1-2 finely chopped
- salt - as per taste
- oil - as required
- To make chana dal puri, first combine the chana dal with two cups of water, turmeric, and salt in a pressure cooker and cook for two whistles. Remove the excess water from the dal and mash it thoroughly when the pressure in the cooker releases on its own.
- Then, in a pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil and add cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds begin to crackle, add the mashed dal and all of the spices to the pan and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and if any water remains in the lentils, thoroughly dry them. Then stir in the coriander leaves.
- To cool, spread the mixture in a large vessel. On the other hand, you knead a small amount of hard dough and cover it for 30 minutes.
- Make a dough ball, fill it with the lentil mixture, and seal it. Make the dal puris. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pooris on both sides until golden.
- This recipe can also be made with moong dal instead of chana dal. Serve your dal puri with your favorite vegetable or chutney. You can also eat it with tea if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 186Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 5g