Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, Royal
- 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups sugar
- A non-rimmed cookie sheet is required so that the cookies cook quickly and retain their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF and position the oven rack in the center. It is essential that the butter be at room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- When the paste is light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients with the mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, or until well combined.
- Sprinkle the sugar on a plate. Make pasta balls with a spoon and place them on a plate. Cover completely with sugar.
- Place the sugar balls on an ungreased tray, leaving 10 cm between them.
- Bake the cookies until they are golden and soft in the center. 15 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
It is critical to use a baking sheet without a rim, as the cookies will turn out better.
Amount Per Serving Calories 868Total Fat 48gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 169mgSodium 710mgCarbohydrates 105gFiber 1gSugar 63gProtein 8g