Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 150 g of broken rye
- 75 g of sunflower seeds
- 75 g of flax seeds
- 250 g of wholemeal rye flour
- 480 ml cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry baking powder
- 2 cucchiaini di sale
- 1.5 tablespoons of golden syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon of malt
- to taste sunflower oil for greasing
- Put the broken rye and seeds in a bowl with 300 ml of water, cover with a clean cloth or plastic wrap, and soak for 18-24 hours at room temperature
- In a separate bowl, combine the wholemeal rye flour, baking powder, and the remaining 180 ml cold water.
- Cover with a clean cloth and set aside at room temperature for 18-24 hours.
- Add the salt, golden syrup or honey, and malt to the contents of the two bowls.
- Mix everything thoroughly for at least five minutes to ensure that the ingredients are evenly distributed and amalgamated. Humidity is required in the mixture.
- Grease the 25 10 cm plum-cake mold with sunflower oil, then transfer the dough and level the surface.
- Allow it to rest in a warm place for 2-3 hours, or until it has grown to the mold's edges.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the bread for about an hour and 20 minutes. It won't grow much, but there should be cracks all over the surface.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a plate. Cook for another five minutes without the mold if the base and sides are still a little damp.
- Allow it to cool completely on the grill, which will take about 2-3 hours.
- This bread will keep for 3-4 days if stored in a paper bag at room temperature.
Amount Per ServingCalories 601Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1432mgCarbohydrates 87gFiber 16gSugar 14gProtein 17g