- 6 ounces chorizo
- 4 eggs beaten
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado dice
- 1/4 cup crushed white cheddar cheese
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Cream or sour cream for serving
- Roasted jalapeno peppers for serving
- Your favorite hot sauce to serve
- Melt the chorizo in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the chorizo is completely cooked out.
- Stir in the eggs frequently. Everything should be nice and blended. Cook until the eggs have hatched but are still moist. defer.
- Warm the tortillas and spread the egg-chorizo mixture on top.
- Top with avocado slices, cheese, and coriander.
- Serve with cream and hot sauce for added flavor.
The heat factor is medium. Chorizo con Huevos can be a little sharp due to the Mexican chorizo, but a softer chorizo can be purchased. Pour on some extra heat with a tasty and spicy hot sauce, and cut into roasted jalapeno paprika. My personal favorite!
Amount Per Serving Calories 977Total Fat 71gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 482mgSodium 1340mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 12gSugar 3gProtein 43g