Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 lb fish fillets
- 4 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb of dads
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Finely chop the parsley, peel the potatoes, and wash them.
- Place the potatoes in a pot with enough water and cook for 25 minutes.
- When the potatoes are soft, remove them from the pot and mash them with a fork in a bowl.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil and add the fish fillets until completely covered; after 5 minutes, remove and drain.
- Shred the fish and combine it with the garlic and onion powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with zeal until you have a firm consistency, then start making the cakes by rolling a portion of the dough into a ball.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Wrap each ball in plastic wrap to keep it from sticking together and flatten to the desired thickness.
- Cook for a few minutes in the skillet, or until golden on both sides.
- Remove, serve, and enjoy these decadent Honduran-style fish cakes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 107mgSodium 167mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 27g