Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 small onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 pound white meat fish to taste, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed anise seeds
- 2/3 cup (5 fl oz can) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender and golden brown. Remove the onion from the skillet and set it aside.
- Season the fish liberally with salt and pepper. Cook the fish until golden on both sides in the remaining oil in the same pan. Turn off the heat in the skillet. Place the fish in the prepared baking dish. Season with thyme, basil, and anise. Onion rings should be used to cover it. In a small measuring cup, combine the milk and water; pour over the fish. If desired, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Amount Per ServingCalories 386Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 130mgSodium 256mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 43g