Prep Time 12 hours
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 13 hours 10 minutes
- 1 ½ cup chickpeas
- 50g chorizo
- 50g bacon
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of paprika or sweet paprika
- 1/4 of cup of white wine or dry wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lard or 2 of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the chickpeas for 12 hours in a container with enough water (3 or 4 fingers above).
- Then, discard the soaking water and cook them in a pot with clean water for 1 hour (until they are completely covered). It would take about 40 minutes if you used a pressure cooker.
- When the chickpeas are soft, drain them thoroughly and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the fat and brown the finely chopped bacon until golden. Withdraw and set aside.
- Fry the cooked chickpeas for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat as well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes more after adding the finely chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic, as well as the chorizo.
- Pour in the wine and tomato puree. Mix everything thoroughly and cook for no more than 3 minutes, or until the alcohol has evaporated. There should be no leftover sauce.
- Finally, add the chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 490Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 35mgSodium 646mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 18g