Despite the fact that it is late, I am posting the Nutella graduation cake with a sugar paste topping that my sister made for her boyfriend and for which my mother and I provided both technical and moral support. My sister designed the cake and studied the tutorials for two weeks to be able to make various subjects in sugar paste, from the touch to the parchment to the ladybug, and then assemble everything to create a small masterpiece;)
Even the filling was his idea; because my little brother loves nutella and Kinder chocolate, he decided to stuff it like this, a bomb of goodness, and I won’t tell you how far he went to find the white chocolate cream; he moved seas and mountains to find it, but what isn’t done for love? So here is the recipe for a graduation cake with a sugar paste covering; perhaps it will be useful to you in making a special cake for a special person;) best wishes to Dr. Carmine and happy Saturday to all who stop by here.
- 12 of eggs
- 12 tablespoons of boiling water
- 500 grams of sugar
- 600 grams of flour
- 2 sachets of baking powder
- 500 gr of nutella
- 500 gr of white chocolate cream (stuffing for croissants)
- 20 barrette children
- 3 glasses of milk
- 6 tablespoons of baileys
- 300 ml of cream
- 500 gr of sugar paste
- To begin, prepare the sponge cake by separating the yolks from the whites and whipping the whites into a very firm nerve.
- Separately, whip the egg yolks for a few minutes with 12 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Now, add the sugar and continue whipping with the whisk.
- Mix in the yeast and flour.
- Finally, add the egg whites and mix the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the final mixture into a greased and floured cake pan and bake at 180 °F for 30 minutes.
- Bake the sponge cake for approximately 45 minutes.
- When the cake is done, open the oven door and let it cool for at least 5 minutes before removing it from the oven
- Turn the sponge cake upside down on a rectangular plate and cut it into three horizontal layers when completely cool.
- Place the first rectangle on the serving dish where the cake will be served and sprinkle with milk and Baileys liqueur, then fill with nutella and top with kinder chocolate pieces.
- Place the second rectangle and gently press it down, then wet it with milk and liqueur before filling it with white chocolate and kinder cream.
- Cover with the final rectangle of sponge cake, evenly wet the entire surface of the cake, and lightly crush the entire surface to level as much as possible to evenly distribute the filling.
- Whip the cream and use it to completely coat the cake. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the stick of sugar paste on a powdered sugar-dusted pastry board and roll out a rectangular sheet large enough to cover the entire cake with a rolling pin. Lift the layer of sugar paste and cover the cake with it, still using the rolling pin.
- Remove any excess pdz from the edges.
- Add a little red dye to the advanced pdz and use it to make two cords that will be intertwined (in order not to risk it breaking, better to create 2 separate cords that then you will go to join directly next to the cake)
Amount Per Serving Calories 943Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 185mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 143gFiber 3gSugar 107gProtein 15g