Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 packages of spaghetti
- 1 can of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 3 units of poblano peppers (green)
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- The first step in preparing the green pasta recipe is to boil the spaghetti. To do this, take a large pot, fill it halfway with water, and season the pasta to taste. A drizzle of oil and two medium tablespoons of chicken bouillon powder are also recommended.
- After the spaghetti has been boiled, strain it and rinse it under cold water. While the pasta is draining, roast the poblano peppers on the comal or griddle.
- Once roasted, place the poblano peppers in a plastic bag and seal it shut so they sweat and you can easily remove the skin. Allow them to sit for 5 minutes before removing the skin, seeds, and veins from the chili peppers.
- We'll get that distinctive green spaghetti with poblano pepper color this way, but if you want to amp it up, add a little spinach.
- Now that the chilies are ready, make the sauce that will give the pasta its green color. To do this, cut the chilies into squares, place them in a blender or high-rim container, add the garlic, cream, and a little consommé to taste to salt the cream, and mix everything together.
- Make the sauce, then heat a pan to cook the spaghetti in, over medium heat with a little butter. When the butter has melted, add the poblano sauce and allow it to warm and thicken. Then stir in the spaghetti until it reaches the desired thickness.
- And prepared! You can now serve your green spaghetti with poblano chili recipe. As you can see, it's a simple and tasty recipe. If you want to serve this main dish with a side dish, we have several suggestions in Free Recipes:
- What would you serve with this delectable dish? If you usually serve it with another main course or dessert, please leave a comment.
Amount Per ServingCalories 101Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 482mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 3g