Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Additional Time 18 minutes
Total Time 36 minutes
- 2 fresh cod fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into thick strips
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh homemade salsa
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4-6 small corn or flour tortillas
- Taco Alioli (opcional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- If using, make the aioli by combining all of the aioli ingredients in a small bowl and chilling it.
- For 5 minutes, preheat the fryer (turn on, set the time to 5 minutes at 360 degrees, the fryer should start to preheat automatically).
- mix the flour, starch, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dry the cod fillets with a paper towel, then place them on a plate with the seasoning mixture and toss to lightly coat all sides.
- Place the fish fillets in the bottom of the preheated fryer basket and cover with parchment paper.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 8 minutes before you begin.
- Remove the basket and flip the fish after 4 minutes (this is optional, but will help the fish crisp on both sides).
- Return the basket to the fryer and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Once the taco shells are heated, top with 1/2 to 1/3 of each fish fillet per taco, followed by the sliced avocado, shredded cabbage, fresh salsa, cilantro, a splash of aioli (optional), and a drizzle of fresh lime.
- Enjoy while the fish is still hot and crispy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1128Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 139mgSodium 1774mgCarbohydrates 128gFiber 21gSugar 22gProtein 70g