Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 500 g of pastry flour
- 3 eggs
- 150g sugar
- a cup (of coffee) of olive oil
- 0.5 glass of anise
- 1 lemon (the zest)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar and whisk vigorously. When they are well beaten, add the oil, anise, and lemon zest little by little, without stopping to beat.
- Add the flour to the work surface, create a small volcano, and then add the previously made mixture in the center. Mix it in with the flour gradually until you have a consistent dough. Finish kneading with your hands and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, stretch it with your hands, making long sticks about a centimeter thick and joining the ends to form the donut.
- Heat a large amount of oil in a pan before adding the donuts. Once golden (but not burned), remove them and place them in a container lined with absorbent paper to absorb the oil. To taste, sprinkle with icing sugar or sugar and cinnamon.
- You must exercise extreme caution when it comes to the temperature of the oil, as it is very easy for it to burn to a crisp. To avoid surprises, it is best to remove the pan from the heat slightly between batches. We fried them, let them cool, and that was the end of it.
- Some delectable donuts!
Amount Per Serving Calories 923Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 215mgSodium 571mgCarbohydrates 130gFiber 7gSugar 59gProtein 21g