Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of peeled and grated ginger
- A pinch of dried chili flakes to taste
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat Season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes per side, or until the thermometer reads 165 degrees and it is brown on both sides. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet pepper sauce, ginger, chili flakes, garlic, and lime juice in a skillet. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and coat on all sides. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 434Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 131mgSodium 1429mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 0gSugar 38gProtein 44g