Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
- 400 gms – 3 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 40 gms – 1.5 oz. lard or extra virgin olive oil
- 10 gms – 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 220 gms – 1 scant cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Rosemary optional
- Set the yeast, sugar, and lukewarm water aside to activate.
- When it's frothy, pour it into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the hook attachment. Using your hands, knead in the flour, salt, and lard until the dough is smooth.
- Form it into a ball, cover it, and set it aside for at least an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Brush 2x24cm – 9.5 inch round tins with extra virgin olive oil in the meantime. When the dough has doubled in size, divide it evenly between two muffin tins and press it down. Allow 30 minutes for it to rest.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, a splash of water, and a pinch of salt. Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired (optional).
- In a preheated oven at 200°C – 390°F, bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 12143Total Fat 66gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 36gCholesterol 32mgSodium 1007mgCarbohydrates 2480gFiber 88gSugar 9gProtein 336g