Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter , melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 ready-to-use pie crust for a 9-inch pie
- Collect all of the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
- Toss in the eggs and cooled melted butter to combine.
- Pour in the bourbon, walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Fill a no-bake pie crust with the mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is cooked through.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack before slicing. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- If you are a traditionalist, serve in all its splendor. If you prefer more topping with your dessert, top with a large dollop of whipped cream or whipped cream garnished with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Vanilla ice cream on top of any cake is always a good choice, and the contrasting textures and flavors of the chocolate pecan cake and soft serve ice cream are especially delicious.
- You can make your own cake base if you prefer, but keep in mind that it will add time to the cake preparation.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1233Total Fat 76gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 154mgSodium 501mgCarbohydrates 133gFiber 7gSugar 87gProtein 15g