Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 kg of lamb
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of meat or vegetable broth, 250 ml
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Stir until all of the pieces are evenly seasoned.
- Brown the meat in a large pot with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Turn the pieces over to brown on all sides.
- Chop the onion and place it in the pot with the meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Combine the minced garlic, rosemary, and ginger in a mixing bowl. Cook for a few minutes more.
- Then, if using, add the apple cider vinegar, broth, orange juice and zest, and dried fruit.
- Zucchini, diced, should be added to the stew.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook for 1 hour, or until the lamb is tender. If using a slow cooker, cook the stew for 5 hours on low heat. If you use the Instant Pot, it will take 5 hours in "Slow Cook" mode with the "Normal" setting.
- If the broth evaporates too quickly and the stew becomes too dry, add a little more broth or water.
Amount Per ServingCalories 909Total Fat 64gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 273mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 72g