Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 pound (450g) udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 chives, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- A 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup kimchi, plus 1/3 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds toasted, to cover
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Udon noodles should be cooked according to package directions, which are usually 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the oil. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chives, garlic, and ginger white and pale green parts are soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the vegetable broth, then the soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for a few minutes after adding the kimchi. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the cooked udon noodles.
- Divide evenly between shallow plates or bowls. Serve with the remaining chives and toasted sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1340mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 4g