Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 10 0 z. raw pasta bow tie
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of water for pasta
- 1 tablespoon. black pepper
- 2 cups of asparagus, chopped and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fajita spices
- 1 tablespoon. peppers
- 2 cups diced multicolored bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pounds. chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon. fajita seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Cook the pasta until al dente, reserving 2 cups of the cooking water.
- Saute the onions and pepper in olive oil in a skillet until tender. Combine the cream, fajita spices, black pepper, salt, pasta water, and parmesan in a mixing bowl. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat thoroughly. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes. Cook for another 3 minutes after adding the chicken and asparagus.
- Serve immediately after removing from the heat. If desired, top with additional grated Parmesan or grated Mexican cheese.
Amount Per ServingCalories 1154Total Fat 73gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 190mgSodium 2891mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 56g