Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 30 g of soft butter
- 40 g of cane sugar
- 40 g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g of water
- 80 g butter
- 120 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 500 rhubarb compote
- 40 g of flour
- 2 whole eggs and 2 yolks
- 1 tablespoon of homemade vanilla sugar
- 70 g of caster sugar
- 10 carambars
- icing sugar
- Paris-Brest to praline cream by garnishing the choux pastry with a light rhubarb pastry cream. Recipe for the Thermomix.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Hand-knead them until they form a ball of dough.
- Roll out the ball between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of about 2 mm.
- Place the cracker dough in the refrigerator to chill
- 1 kg rhubarb, washed, peeled, and sliced
- Here's how to make the compote and pastry cream with the thermomix: Set the rhubarb slices in the bowl with a tablespoon of vanilla sugar for 10 minutes at 90 ° C, speed 2. Take it out of the bowl, add 500 g of compote, and set aside to cool.
- Return the compote to the bowl with the remaining ingredients for the pastry cream. Set the timer for 7 minutes at 90 ° C, speed 4. When the timer goes off, mix for 5 seconds on speed 9. Allow to cool.
- In the thermomix bowl, combine the butter, water, salt, and sugar. Set the timer for 5 minutes at 100 ° C, speed 1.
- Mix on speed 3 for 1 minute 30 seconds after adding the flour. Allow the dough to cool for 5 minutes after opening the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time through the hole in the lid of the knife while it is running at speed 5, then mix for 30 seconds at speed 5. (See how to make choux pastry without a thermomix for more information.)
- Gather the dough and place it in a pastry bag.
- Arrange 10 cabbages in a crown shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Place the cracker rings, which you will have cut with a cabbage-shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake the choux for 20 minutes at 210 ° C, then 10 minutes at 160 ° C, and 5 minutes at 120 ° C. Allow them to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 833Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 154mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 157gFiber 46gSugar 53gProtein 29g