Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 whole kg (1.5 kg clean) of peaches
- 300 g of sugar
- 600 ml of water
- juice of organic lemon
- Bring the water to a boil, then add the sugar and continue to mix until dissolved. Allow to cool completely (at least one hour).
- Sterilize the jars by screwing on the appropriate screw caps. Fill a large saucepan halfway with fresh water and place the jars and caps inside.
- Bring to a boil and count down 20 minutes from there.
- Meanwhile, peel the percocche peaches, which are ideal for preserving. Slice or cut the peaches into small pieces.
- Divide the lemon in half. To prevent premature oxidation, rub the lemon all over the surface of the peach. For the same reason, it is suggested that all peach pieces be dipped in a solution of cold lemon water before potting.
- Remove the sterilized jars from the water and place them upside down on a clean tea towel to dry.
- Drain the peaches from the acidified water and fill the sterilized and dried jars, leaving a few centimeters at the top. Squeeze the peaches lightly with your hands to avoid leaving too many empty spaces.
- Fill each jar halfway with the very cold syrup and secure with a screw cap.
- Arrange a cloth on the bottom of a large saucepan and place the peach jars on it. Wrap the jars in another cloth if necessary to avoid splintering them during the next boil. Fill the pot halfway with water, making sure the jars are completely submerged.
- Bring to a boil and set aside for 20 minutes.
- To speed up the cooling process, remove the saucepan from the heat and place it in a sink filled with cold water. Pouring a little cold water directly into the pot is also recommended for the same reason. These precautions are necessary to keep the crunchiness of the peaches percocche and keep them from sagging during storage.
- Only remove the jars from the sterilization water after the liquid has cooled.
- Dry the jars and store them in a cool, dry place for at least a year.
Amount Per ServingCalories 145Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 1gSugar 36gProtein 0g