Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 6 or 7 peras
- 1 cup of sugar ( 200 grs)
- 750 ml of red wine (can be cabernet or merlot)
- 4 cloves
- 1 piece of orange peel
- 1 piece of lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- We begin by peeling the pears, leaving the stick behind. Reserve.
- The sugar, wine, orange and lemon peels, cloves, and cinnamon were then combined in a pot. We place the pears whole after the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook for about 35 minutes over low heat, covered. Allow to cool in the pot.
- The juice is then filtered. We serve a sliced pear with juice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 574Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 13mgSodium 69mgCarbohydrates 88gFiber 2gSugar 80gProtein 4g