Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 150 ml of water or vegetable milk of soy or cashew nuts
- 50 g chickpea flour
- 20 grams rice flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp white wine or rice vinegar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cdta sal
- 1/8 cdta sal negra (kala namak)
- 1 tbsp oil for the pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chickpea flour and rice flour, then add the remaining dry ingredients, salt, turmeric, nutritional yeast, and onion powder. Keep the black salt until last.
- Add the water or milk and vinegar in small amounts, whisking constantly, until you have a smooth and liquid mixture. Similar to how crepes are made. Preheat the oil in a frying pan with a diameter of 28 cm.
- When the pan is hot enough, add the mixture and spread it evenly across the bottom of the pan; it should be a thin layer. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the skillet after a minute on high. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, or until you can easily peel it off the bottom.
- When possible, flip your tortilla and cook for 5 minutes more, covered. When it's evenly cooked, start breaking it up with a spatula like you're making scrambled eggs. Allow to cook for another minute crumbled, then remove from the heat and sprinkle with black salt just before serving. To have fun with!
- Once your vegan scrambled egg has been crumbled, combine it with the remaining ingredients if you made any of the other variations suggested in this recipe.
- If your tortilla held its shape perfectly and you don't want to break it, you can eat it as an omelette.
Amount Per Serving Calories 325Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 10mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 7gSugar 4gProtein 16g