Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Farina 00 175 g
- Water at room temperature 100 g
- Salt up to 5 g
- Butter not too cold and still plastic 250 g
- Farina 00 150 g
- To begin making the puff pastry, make the pastel first. In a small jug, dissolve the salt in the water while stirring with a teaspoon1. Then, in the bowl of a planetary mixer fitted with a hook, combine the flour and the water with the salt.
- Start the machine and leave it to work for a few minutes. Because you don't need a very elastic dough, it won't take long. When you have a smooth mixture, rotate it inside the bowl with your hands to clean it .
- The crayon should not be allowed to stick to the hands. Mash it with your hands in a small mixing bowl. Cover with contact film8and set aside to cool at room temperature. Now move on to the dough. Pour the flour into the same mixing bowl as the mixer.
- as well as the butter you've already cut into cubes 10. Restart the machine with the hook11 and wait a few minutes until the butter has absorbed all of the flour. In this case, as well, you must not overwork the mixture; otherwise, the butter will heat up, and you will need to obtain a compact and lump-free dough. 12.
- Transfer it to a lightly floured surface 13 and, using your hands and very little flour, quickly shape it into a square 14and place it in a lightly floured baking dish. Cover with cling film15 and set aside for 5 minutes at room temperature. If it is too soft, place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- After the dough has rested, transfer it to a work surface 16 and roll it out slightly 17 with a rolling pin and very little flour until you have a square with a side of 20 cm 18. Set it aside for a moment before transferring it to one side of the lightly floured surface.
Amount Per ServingCalories 448Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 32gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 134mgSodium 887mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g