Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Saffron 10 strands
- Whole milk 1½ l.
- Sugar 2 C. tureens
- Cardamom ½ c. coffee
- Pistachios chopped 2 C. tureens
- Almonds in sheets 2 C. tureens
- Water of roses 1c. coffee
- Make the necessary preparations.
- Soak the saffron in three cups of milk.
- Heat the remaining milk in a large, deep, thick-bottomed nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Stir it up every now and then.
- Reduce the heat as soon as it begins to boil.
- When a layer of cream forms on top, carefully push it to the sides of the pan with a spatula so that it adheres to the pan.
- Repeat the process every time a layer of cream forms. Stir every 3 minutes to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom.
- Add the sugar and saffron after the milk has been reduced by half (with its milk ). Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Continue to remove the cream layer and stir every few minutes.
- When the milk has been reduced by one-third, add the cardamom, pistachios, almonds, and rose water. Combine thoroughly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Scrape off any cream that has adhered to the walls and thoroughly combine it with the milk.
- Allow to stand. Place it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours after it has reached room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1426Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 59gCholesterol 39mgSodium 782mgCarbohydrates 153gFiber 14gSugar 129gProtein 40g