Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 35 minutes
- 1 Chicken of 1.8 Kg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Laurel / Rosemary / Sage
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 glass of Port wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Spicy paprika
- Remove the skin from the chicken and rinse it under cold water before placing it in a bag to marinate for 2 hours with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaf, sage, rosemary, port wine, and lemon.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry, and stuff all of the marinade into the internal cavity before placing it on the rotisserie, stopping it firmly and blocking the wings and thighs with kitchen twine. Underneath it, place a fat recovery container. The emphasis must be on the side, not on the bottom.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, then brush the skin with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt, curry, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Cook for a total of 2.5 hours / 3 until the internal temperature of the chest is at least 78 ° C, keeping an eye on the skin, which should become crunchy but not burn, and brushing it with oil from time to time. Alternatively, melted butter Bbqtribe of Chicken
- Remove from the rotisserie and set aside for at least 10 minutes to rest.
- Then, in our case, serve with some BBQ potato.
- If you want to increase the succulence, inject some savory liquid (broth) into the fleshy parts of the meat, such as the thighs and breast (an alternative could be beer, but it would not be savory, leaving the flavor inside dry)
Amount Per Serving Calories 1111Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 442mgSodium 598mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 116g