Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 packet of ranch dressing I used Hidden Valley
- 8 ounces of sour cream which I used with all the fat
- 4 large boneless / skinless chicken breasts
- Optional pepper, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and position the grill in the center. Grease a 9 13 "pan with cooking spray (I used Pam spray).
- To the pan, add the rice, broth, ranch dressing, and sour cream. Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place the chicken breasts on top and rotate to coat with the liquid. Sprinkle a little pepper on top of each chicken breast if desired.
- Wrap the pan in aluminum foil tightly and place it in the oven.
- 55 minutes in the oven Because ovens and pans vary, the rice may take a little longer or less time to cook. Simply reseal it and return it to the oven for another 5-10 minutes if the rice is still crunchy.
- Before serving, stir in the rice. The chicken can be served whole or cut up and mixed with the rice. Rice should be smooth and creamy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 770Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 277mgSodium 974mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 81g