Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- One cup of semolina or rava,
- five tablespoons of ghee, a cup of sugar,
- a pinch of yellow color,
- two cups of water,
- a pinch of saffron,
- a small spoonful of cardamom powder,
- a quarter cup of chopped dry fruits (almonds, cashews, raisins, pistachios, etc.)
- 4-5 cashews
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- In another vessel, combine water and sugar and heat over medium heat until the ghee melts. - Separate the saffron threads, lightly crush them, and add them to the syrup that is being made.
- However, as soon as the ghee is hot, add the semolina and fry it.
- While stirring the semolina with a ladle, add the dry fruits and food coloring. Keep an eye on the vessel containing the syrup and turn off the heat as soon as it begins to boil.
- Fry the semolina for about 10 minutes on low heat, then add it to the syrup as soon as it turns light golden. Now quickly stir in the semolina and sugar syrup. Continue to stir the mixture. Do this until the mixture thickens slightly and begins to leave the pan or pan.
- Close the pan tightly and turn off the heat. Allow the rava kesari to steam for a few minutes. - Rava Kesari is prepared. Garnish with cashew nuts and serve hot.
Amount Per ServingCalories 527Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 41mgSodium 21mgCarbohydrates 89gFiber 3gSugar 56gProtein 6g