Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 280 gr of sugar
- A few drops of vanilla aroma
- 250 gr of butter, melted but not hot
- 1 liter of warm milk
- 225 gr of flour
- Lemon zest
- Icing sugar
- To begin, separate the yolks from the whites, reserving the latter for later mounting.
- We use a stick blender to thoroughly combine the yolks, sugar, and vanilla aroma until we have a creamy and whitish mixture. Mix in the butter.
We add the milk and stir once more.
- Now, using a wooden spoon or your tongue, stir in the sifted flour until it is completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- We also use lemon zest.
- We mount the whites to the point of snow and add them to the mixture with soft, enveloping movements so they don't fall.
- We line a rectangular mold or source with greaseproof paper and pour the mixture into it.
- We placed it in the oven (previously preheated). We will bake it at 180oC for the first 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 160o until the cake is done, which will take at least 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until completely cool; this will allow it to take on consistency. Serve with icing sugar sprinkled on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 660Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 264mgSodium 341mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 1gSugar 50gProtein 14g