Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- Aged Asiago , to be grated 80 g
- Farina 00 80 g
- Whole milk 500 ml
- Donkey 50 g
- Fresh liquid cream 35 ml
- Yolks 2
- Salt up to 1 pinch
- To prepare the Mornay sauce, grate the seasoned Asiago cheese, then heat the milk in a pan, while in another melt the butter over low heat, add a pinch and salt when it is completely dissolved.
- Then remove it from the heat to add the flour a little at a time, stirring with a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps. Put the pan back on the heat and toast the flour for a few moments, stirring constantly and when it is golden, add the milk at room temperature or slightly warmed. Stir constantly and flavor with grated nutmeg.
- Then once it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and add the grated Asiago cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the fresh liquid cream, then add them to the béchamel and mix with a whisk to mix the compounds 9 (if necessary you can bring the sauce back to the heat to thicken it more).
- Once ready, pour the sauce into a low and wide pan (10-11) and cover with cling film to cool it to room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator. Once ready you can serve it to accompany your dishes, or place it in a sac-à-poche with a narrow nozzle12to fill your preparations, for example the salty fried bombs !
Amount Per Serving Calories 214Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 129mgSodium 370mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 13g