The Savoy cake, also known as Savoyard sponge cake, is a traditional French recipe from this region. And what better place to look for high-quality pastries and sweets than this European country? This dessert is distinguished by its spongy texture and hints of vanilla and lemon.
- 180 grams of sugar.
- 40 grams of wheat flour.
- 60 grams of cornstarch.
- 4 eggs
- The zest of half a lemon.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Combine the yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the wheat flour and cornstarch and add to the mixture. Beat in the lemon zest and vanilla aroma until well combined.
- Whip the whites until they are the consistency of snow, then fold them into the mixture in enveloping movements. This will aid in the fluffy texture of the Savoy cake.
- Empty and distribute the mixture in a mold that has been previously greased with nonstick spray.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, with the first 10 minutes at 180oC and the rest at 150oC.
- After the cooking time has passed, insert a wooden toothpick into the cake; if it comes out dry, the cake is done.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before unmolding. Powdered sugar can be sprinkled on top if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 124mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 0gSugar 30gProtein 5g