Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 400 g frozen peas
- 1 thick slice of Serrano ham (50 g)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 liter of water with a pinch of salt. When it begins to boil, add the peas and cook for the time indicated on the container over medium heat (approximately 6-8 minutes). Drain and set aside the broth.
- The chives should be peeled and diced.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves lengthwise, then stack and cut into strips, then stack again and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the ham slice into cubes.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, add the garlic and chives (minced), and sauté for a couple of minutes before adding the ham and frying it a little. Mix in the flour, then add the peas. Stir in 1/2 glass of the pea broth from the cooking process. When it begins to boil, combine everything and cook for 3 minutes to thicken the sauce before serving.
- There are also differences between frozen peas. When you go to buy them, don't be afraid to go for the fine or extra fine. Aside from being smaller and cooking faster, the skin that covers them is much thinner, making them more appealing.
Amount Per ServingCalories 124Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 3mgSodium 176mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 5g