Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 300 grams of flour
- 120 gr of butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch of salt
- The shortcrust pastry contains the following ingredients: flour, eggs, sugar, fat (butter or oil), and flavorings (vanilla or grated lemon peel).
- The doses for making the shortcrust pastry are calculated based on the amount of flour used. The flour type is 0 or 00, which means it has a low gluten content
- Butter. Depending on the level of friability desired, the amount of butter can range from 30% to 70% of the total weight of the flour. A good compromise would be to use half of the flour's weight (300 grams of flour = 150 grams of butter). Obviously, depending on the intended use, the amount of butter will be determined. To ensure proper amalgamation with the flour, the butter must be used at room temperature.
- The rule of thumb is that more butter equals more friability in the shortcrust pastry
- The sugar to be used is granulated, and the weight is calculated based on the flour used, with percentages ranging from a minimum of 30% to a maximum of 60% on the weight of the flour.
- The rule of thumb is that more sugar equals more crunchiness in the shortcrust pastry.
- Finally, either the whole egg or just the yolk can be used. The difference is always in the level of friability obtained. Using only the egg yolks will result in a more crumbly dough, whereas using the egg whites will result in a more elastic and crunchy dough.
Amount Per ServingCalories 666Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 157mgSodium 248mgCarbohydrates 95gFiber 2gSugar 38gProtein 10g