Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 lamb legs, sliced
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup of red wine
- 700 ml of Italian cooking sauce
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, then coat the lamb in it, shaking off any excess. Cook until golden brown in the pan. Take out of the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are softened.
- Increase the heat to high and pour in the wine. 2 minutes in the oven
- Bring to a boil with the sauce. To the pan, add the lamb shanks. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Cook the lamb for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until it is very tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Instead of passata, I used Italian cooking sauce.
- This recipe is simple to prepare in a slow cooker, and you don't have to brown the stems if you don't want to.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans or something similar to cut through the richness, and crusty bread to soak up the sauce. If you have leftovers, the meat and sauce go well with pasta.
- If you like the sound of this recipe, you'll probably like this All Day Lamb as well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 83mgSodium 915mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 25g