Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 300 g Frozen spinach
- 150 gRicotta
- 50 g Grana Padano PDO
- 2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- to taste Olive oil
- to taste Pepper
- to taste Nutmeg
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into a pan and add the spinach, salt to taste, and cook for about 15 minutes with the lid on. Squeeze the spinach thoroughly before shredding it with kitchen scissors or blending it. Allow them to cool.
- Pour the spinach into a mixing bowl, add the ricotta, cheese, beaten egg, pepper, and nutmeg, and mix until smooth. Season with salt.
- Lightly oil a 17 cm wide by 21 cm long oven dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and pour in the spinach and ricotta mixture. Level it with a fork and top with a little more parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Cook the spinach and ricotta flan for about 25 minutes in a convection oven at 180 °.
- Serve the flan hot or at room temperature; it will be enjoyed by all!
- If desired, add a small piece of fiordilatte mozzarella to the flan mixture. I prefer it lighter, with only ricotta.
Amount Per ServingCalories 91Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 47mgSodium 115mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 5g