The strawberry garden cake is a sophisticated dessert created by Luca Montersino, a well-known Italian pastry chef. Ideal as a dessert at the end of a meal, a birthday cake, or to commemorate a special occasion such as Mother’s Day. With its perfect layers of white and pink: discs of sponge cake alternate with those of strawberry mousse and yogurt jelly, this complexly prepared dessert pleases both the palate and the eye. It has a delicate flavor that everyone enjoys, and the limoncello bath is the finishing touch that adds the perfect amount of freshness to this recipe. It will be necessary to pay special attention to the density of the creams when they are poured on the cake during its articulated composition: if they are too liquid, everything will come out from the edges; if they are too dense, it will be difficult to create homogeneous layers. It will also be necessary to be cautious not to allow each layer to solidify too much, as this will result in the cake not being compact and flaking during the cutting phase.
- Strawberries 500 g
- Whole white yogurt 500 g
- Eggs 4
- Albums 3
- sugar 520 g
- Farina 120 g
- Lemon 1
- water 40 ml
- Fresh cream 250 ml
- Glucose 140 g
- Gelatine 26 g
- Limoncello 30 g
- Whip the 4 eggs with an electric whisk for a long time until the mixture is puffy and frothy. Sift in the sifted flour and the grated lemon peel. Slowly combine the ingredients, being careful not to disassemble the eggs, and pour into a 24 cm diameter pastry disc. Cook for 20 minutes at 160 ° C, then set aside to cool completely.
- Soak 13 g of gelatin in a small amount of cold water. Make the Italian meringue according to the package directions. Prepare a syrup with 200 g of sugar and 40 ml of water, bring to a boil for two minutes, and then pour it over the four stiffly whipped egg whites. Never stop whipping until the sides of the bowl have reached room temperature. Set aside.
- Blend 300 g of clean strawberries off the stalk, then slightly warm the puree and dissolve the squeezed isinglass in it.
- Whip the cream and slowly fold in the puree.
- Finally, fold in 200 g of previously prepared meringue.
- Stir with slow movements until the mixture is homogeneous. Refrigerate to firm up slightly.
- Soak the remaining gelatine in a small amount of water. Warm the yogurt with 100 g of sugar before adding the squeezed isinglass and allowing it to melt. Mix in the glucose and a few drops of lemon juice. Allow it to cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes after mixing evenly. Make sure it doesn't thicken too much.
- Dissolve 100 g of sugar in 100 ml of water to make the syrup. When it has completely melted, add the limoncello. Allow the alcoholic component to evaporate and set aside.
- To make the cake, cut the remaining 200 g of strawberries into 1 cm slices and arrange them as desired on a pastry tray inside a 24 cm cake circle.
- Pour in the yogurt gelée, leveling it as best you can, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden. Soak the sponge cake in the limoncello syrup in two slices.
- After the time has passed, remove from the fridge and spread half of the strawberry mousse on the gelee with a pastry bag.
- Line up and lightly press a disc of sponge cake on top. Then, using a spatula, spread the remaining mousse over the entire surface and top with the second disc of sponge cake.
- Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator to harden overnight. Before serving, carefully remove the tray-lid and the aluminum circle from the cake and place it on a serving plate.
Amount Per Serving Calories 634Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 177mgSodium 123mgCarbohydrates 106gFiber 2gSugar 100gProtein 11g