Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 4 minutes
Total Time 29 minutes
- 50g dried seaweed
- 1 tbsp. miso awase
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp. toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp yuzu juice
- 1 finely chopped red pepper
- To begin, rehydrate the algae. Soak them in water for about 20 minutes to rehydrate them.
- You can use a pre-made seaweed blend or combine wakame and hijiki seaweed.
- Prepare the sauce while the seaweed is resting. Using a whisk, combine the miso, soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, sesame oil, rice vinegar, yuzu juice, chilli, and salt in a mixing bowl. The sauce should have a medium thickness.
- Drain the seaweed, place it in a salad bowl, and top with the sauce. Refrigerate the salad before serving, and garnish with sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving Calories 78Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 768mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 4g