Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 350g of flour 00
- 150g of potato starch
- 80g of powdered sugar
- 3g of baking powder
- vanilla or vanillin extract
- 250g of butter in pieces
- 1 whole egg
- 1 yolk
- To make this one-of-a-kind dough for a delicious biscuit with jam or Nutella, begin by making the shortcrust pastry base.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 00 flour, potato starch, icing sugar, and baking powder; add the butter and begin kneading.
- Once you have a sandy mixture, add the egg, yolk, and vanilla extract and knead until you have a homogeneous stick of shortcrust pastry.
- Wrap the shortcrust pastry dough in foil paper and place it in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a thin sheet on a floured work surface, then cut out the cookies in the shape of Christmas molds with a cookie cutter.
- Make a hole in the middle of the biscuits with a smaller dough cutter, always in the shape of Christmas, and place all of the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the biscuits for about 12 minutes in a static oven preheated to 180 °, just long enough for them to brown slightly.
- After removing the biscuits from the oven and allowing them to cool, fill them with jam or Nutella, sprinkle with icing sugar, and assemble the biscuit.
- Place the cookies on a serving plate or cake stand, or keep them in tin boxes
- If you don't want to add the filling to the cookies, make them slightly thicker and cover them in sugar paste instead
- Your crumbly and delicious single dough for a delicious Christmas biscuit with jam or Nutella will be ready to enjoy at this point.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1013Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 227mgSodium 524mgCarbohydrates 119gFiber 5gSugar 21gProtein 14g