Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 2 ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of powdered custard
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- Ice formation
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh passion fruit pulp
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius. Cook for 10 minutes after placing the puff pastry sheets on a baking sheet and brushing with the egg.
- Allow to cool and set aside.
- Slowly incorporate the milk into the flan.
- Stir in the cream and sugar over medium heat until thickened
- Pour in the vanilla extract.
- Add the gelatin to the custard mixture after it has been dissolved in hot water. Combine thoroughly.
- Make a puff pastry sheet to fit the base of a 16 x 26 x 3cm can
- Line the can, then place the dough on top.
- Pour the cream and sugar mixture over the dough.
- Place the other sheet of dough on top of the custard mixture.
- Refrigerate until solid, covered with Glad Wrap.
- Make a board out of the slice.
- To make a stiff icing, combine the powdered sugar and passion fruit pulp.
- Distribute the mixture on the slice and cut into squares.
If you like the sound of this recipe, try these Portuguese cream tarts as well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 636Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 146mgSodium 186mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 1gSugar 59gProtein 13g