Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- homemade burger buns
- 2 large white onions
- Ketchup, mustard
- Remoulade (vegan) or majo according to preference
- vegan cheese slices
- 2 Beyond Meat Burger Patties
- I made the burger buns using this fantastic recipe. Of course, you can just buy bread rolls.
- Wash the lettuce and tomato and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Peel the onions, then cut them in half and into fine rings. In a pan, heat some oil and roast the chicken on all sides.
- Toast the burger buns in a pan without oil for a few minutes, until the cut surfaces are lightly browned. Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the Beyond Meat Burger patties on both sides. It took me approximately 3-4 minutes per page (see also notes above in the text). You can top the patty with vegan sliced cheese if you want.
- Cover the burger buns gradually with ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, or tartar sauce (or all of them together).
- Beyond Meat patties are currently available frozen. When storing, make sure the patties are hermetically sealed and that there isn't too much ice on them
- Allow it to thaw slightly ahead of time for preparation. The simplest method is to keep them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Make sure the temperature is not set too high when searing. The patties browned quickly in my opinion. Because they are quite thick, it is preferable to work at a lower temperature for a few minutes.
- When the patties are seared, they release a lot of liquid. Please exercise extreme caution when combining oil and hot water!
- If the patties are too thick for you, let them thaw completely before pressing them flat or cutting them in half.
- If you like the consistency of the Beyond Meat patties but think the flavor could be better, let us know. Then simply mash the Braltinge with a fork, season it to taste, and process it further
- Personally, I like the patties even without the burger, but that is a matter of personal preference. It's best to serve the Beyond Meat Burger with traditional toppings like onions, mayonnaise, tomatoes, lettuce, mustard, ketchup, and so on.
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 474mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 18g