Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- Rice paper 8 sheets
- Zucchini 120 g
- Carrots 120 g
- Leeks 100 g
- Shrimps (to be shelled) 250 g
- Seed oil 10 g
- Soy sauce 30 g
- Water 80 g
- Rice vinegar 120 g
- Brown sugar 80 g
- Fresh chilli 1
- Tomato paste to taste
- Begin by preparing the accompanying sweet and sour sauce for the Vietnamese rolls. In a saucepan, combine the rice vinegar and water, brown sugar, and coarsely chopped red pepper.
- Allow it to thicken for about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently. Then remove the tomato paste from the heat and thoroughly mix it in. Allow your sauce to cool for a few minutes before pouring it into a small bowl.
- Begin preparing the vegetables once the sauce has been made. Wash the carrots thoroughly, peel them, and trim them. Cut into mm thick slices with a mandolin. Cut them into julienne strips and then again in the middle.
- Wash the courgettes thoroughly and cut into slices the same thickness as the carrots (2 mm) using a mandolin. Also, cut these slices into julienne first, then halfway again.
- Remove the greenest part of the leek, as well as the leaves, and make a vertical incision taking only the central part, then cut it in half. Also, pass this through the mandolin and cut the leek strips in half again.
- Remove the head, carapace, and internal intestine from the prawns. Place them on a cutting board and cut them coarsely with a knife.
- Warm the seed oil in a wok and add the leeks 19 and carrots 20. Allow it to dry for a couple of minutes before adding about half of the soy sauce21.
- At this point, add the courgettes 22 and season with the remaining soy sauce 23. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat, add the prawns24, and mix everything together.
- Rehydrate the rice paper sheets in water 25, place them on a cutting board and fill it with the filling, leaving an outer edge of about 1 cm and a half 26. Close the longest part of the rice paper sheet over the filling27.
- At this point, also close the outer edges, inwards (28-29) and start rolling the roll starting from the bottom 30.
- Get to the bottom 31 in order to close your rolls perfectly 32. Repeat this operation for the other rice paper sheets as well until the filling is finished. Serve your Vietnamese rolls with the sweet and sour sauce33.
Amount Per Serving Calories 369Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 25mgSodium 935mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 3gSugar 23gProtein 12g